Saturday, February 28, 2009

Going Home... Heaven

Good morning, Lord, and thank You for the rain. Today I make preparations for my first week at work. I will be traveling to NC today to meet with Lori and Terry as they will be keeping Brayden for me this coming week. Bad weather is forecast, so we meet today instead of tomorrow as planned. I will be staying a couple of nights with Peggy, so I can go to church on Sunday. I have missed it so very much. I am looking forward to being back to Worship You, O God!
More...
Last night I spoke with TJ... it was good to be able to just talk to him. I have missed that, very much. I feel, Lord, that I need to let TJ know that I do still love him and that I haven't given up on him... I haven't given up on You and Your ability, O Lord. Give me the grace to grow in godly character, use me as Your instrument. As Samuel says, "Speak Lord for Your servant is listening." I am Yours, thank You Lord.

The following comes from The Gift the New Testament for New Believers.

"You've got your Christian model and your non-Christian model. Those are the only two kinds we carry."
"Well, just looking on the outside, they appear to be pretty similar. What's the difference between the two?"
"You know, you're exactly right. They are very similar. Both have healthy bodies. Both have nice-looking families. Both come equipped with the usual house, car, paying job, microwave, etc."
"Yeah, I see that. But isn't there anything different about them?"
"Well, the Christian model claims to come with more peace of mind and a lot more power. But those who've tried the non-Christian model think it's all in their head. Of course, on the other hand, people have told us that the non-Christian model doesn't seem to hold up as well as the other one. And the warranty is a lot more vague and unreliable. So if I were you, I think I'd go with the other one."
Christians. Built to last.

Heaven is more real than the room you're sitting in. With that in your future, you can stand anything. So even when life scratches you hard enough to break the skin, you have a glorious hope--hope that no defeat is ever final. God's people last forever.

"Then he showed me the river of living water, sparkling like crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the broad street (of the city). On both sides of the river was the tree of life bearing 12 kinds of fruit, producing its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree are for healing the nations, and there will no longer be any curse. The throne of God and of he Lamb will be in the city, and His servants will serve Him. They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. Night will no longer exist, and people will not need lamplight or sunlight,because the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign forever and ever." Revelation 22:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment