Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Passing the Torch

Good morning, Lord. I am thankful for the opportunity You have provided for me to return to work in an environment where I can have support from people who already know me.
More...
Tomorrow I drive up to TN for my physical and drug screen and picture ID. I am not looking forward to the picture since Monday the lady who cut my hair butchered me. However, it is only hair and it will grow back. I can always get a new one made later. I am still struggling with what is going on in my personal life. I want my marriage to work and it seems the more I want it the more evidence I get that TJ has completely given up and moved on. I don't know why I am surprised, he told me it wasn't working for him. I just believed it would work. I still haven't given up hope, although there are times when I get low and want to. Brayden is struggling in all of this, he said last night that he felt like he was pushed off a mountain and falling down, down, down into Hell. That thought scares me, that at such a young age he has so much anger built up inside him already. I pray for You to guide me on how best to deal with this. Physically I am feeling better, which is good. I still cough a lot and still have a lot of drainage, but I am on the mend, thank You, Lord. Last night Duncan and Connor called and that was sweet. Duncan was fussing at me about taking care of myself and Connor was telling me about a new book series he is reading. It is funny how sweet they both are and so alike and at the same time so very different. I miss them and would love to be back in their lives. I haven't spoken to TJ since Monday afternoon. He seems so very different, so distant. It is all in Your hands, O God.

The following is taken from The Gift the New Testament for New Believers:

You only get them for a few years. Ask someone who's already watched their kids grow up and leave the nest, and you'll find out in a hurry how fast time flies. They're eighteen, they're twenty-five, they've got children of their own, but in the mind's eye of a Mom or Dad, they should still need a phone book to sit up tall at the table.
So big. So fast. Kind of chokes you up just thinking about it.
So now's your chance to lay the groundwork for a child that God is depending on you to mold. No matter how busy you are with the rest of your life, no matter how unaccustomed you are to talking about spiritual things in front of your family, you're being counted on to model Christ to your little boy or girl, to be the picture they get of loving authority, to be the safe place they can turn to for an honest answer, to be the living evidence that all this church talk really does carry over into everyday life.
Help them learn to submit their will to yours today so that when they're out there on their own, they'll be able to submit to God's.

"If we abandon our vision for our children, we are left to wander aimlessly with no direction other than our own self-interest." Susan Card

Not every person in need of your Christian witness is at work or around the corner. The ones you'll have the est chance of reaching are the ones right in your own home. Let's never be so busy taking our message to the world that we forget the little ones right at our feet.

"My people , hear my instruction; listen to what I say. I will declare wise sayings; I will speak mysteries from the past--things we have heard and known and that our fathers have passed down to us. We must not hide them from their children, but must tell a future generation the praises of the Lord, His might, and the wonderful works He has performed. He established a testimony in Jacob and set up a law in Israel, which He commanded our fathers to teach to their children so that a future generation--children yet to be born--might know. They were to rise and tell their children so that they might put their confidence in God and not forget God's works, but keep His commandments. Then they would not be like their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation, a generation whose heart was not loyal and whose spirit was not faithful to God."
Psalm 78:1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment