Monday, February 23, 2009

Loved To Life

Today has been a good day. I was offered the job at Sycamore Shoals and accepted. Still I feel empty inside.
More...

I feel abandoned and so alone. I know that You are still there, Lord, yet I don't feel you. What am I doing wrong? What do You want from me?

The following comes from The Gift the New Testament for New Believers:

The hang-ups are so much more real today. Barely a person alive hasn't felt at least a glancing blow from abuse, abandonment, divorce, disillusionment. Even some people who appear to be coasting through life can be casualties of cynicism or victims drowning in the undertow of their own low self-esteem. They find it hard to accept why God is the way He is. And if He even is at all, what would make Him want to love people like them?
That's why even those who may be hungry for the things you've found aren't likely to believe everything you say. They need to see it in your life. They need to see it with your time. They need to see it when its not convenient or acceptable, but when it show how much you care about their needs and concerns.
It may take months. It may take years. It may not ever click at all. But are you willing to let God lead you to the ones He's wanting nearer? Are you wiling to invest yourself in the life of another person? Are you willing to go the extra mile to keep a friend from turning back?

No telling how many unsaved friends you have--people who are curious about your newfound faith, but not sure they're ready for it. Hang in there. Love them through it. The Lord may have waited on you for a pretty long time. How long are you willing to wait on your friends?

"Therefore, anyone of you who judges is without excuse. For when you judge another, you condemn yourself, since you, the judge, do the same things. We know that God's judgement on those who do such things is based on the truth. Do you really think--anyone of you ho judges those who do such things yet do the same--that you will escape God's judgement? Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, restraint, and patience, not recognizing that God's kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?" Romans 2:1-4

"Our aim is not to force people to live like Christians, but to persuade them to consider Christ." John Fischer

Is that what I am doing? Am I judging? Am I thinking I am better? I think I am trying to live my life in a way so as to be an example, but am I? I don't know anymore. I feel so confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment