Monday, March 2, 2009

Moving On

Good morning, Great and Merciful Lord. Thank You for another day, for a job, for warmth and for love... Thank You, Lord, for all things. I awakened this morning much earlier than I had hoped, but it's OK for You are with me.
More...
I am a bit nervous about this morning simply because it has been a while since I have worked. I am looking forward to it, but at the same time I am nervous. My prayers are that You, O Lord, be with me and help me to grow in godly character. Help me to be patient, kind, loving, forgiving, and merciful with all. Amen.

Today's message is from Exodus 11:1-12:51. The Israelites free from Egypt, amen. Thank You, Lord, for freedom. Help me to celebrate and live in a manner which is pleasing to You.
The NT reading is from Acts 14:1-20 with the following prayer:
"You, O Lord, desire mercy, not sacrifice, and the knowledge of You more than burnt offerings. (Hosea 6:6)... Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. (Matthew 5:7)"

The following comes from The Gift the New Testament for New Believers:

Life looks different through the eyes of eternity.
The game can be played without your son getting to start. The dirty laundry won't kill anyone if it's not cleaned until tomorrow. The meeting you're in charge of today won't affect the fate of the nations.
You can relax.
The bedrooms aren't in quite as big a rush to be painted. You can go to bed without having to read the newspaper. You can be thankful your old car is at least good transportation.
You can wait.
The hours you spend listening to the goofballs on radio call-in shows will seem a waste. The urgency of telling people about Jesus will burn in your spirit. The people you haven't told lately how much you love them will be the next phone call you make or the next letter you write.
You can act.
You can be holy. You can be pure. You can be real.
You can live. Oh, boy, how you can live!

They can make you breathe the air down here. They can make you drink the water. But they can't make your heart feel at home anymore. You belong somewhere else. If people say you've got your head in the clouds, tell them not to knock it till they've been there.

"... and that I did not shrink back from proclaiming to you anything that was profitable, or from teaching it to you in public and from house to house. I testified to both Jews and Greeks about repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus, 'And now I am on my way to Jerusalem, bound in my spirit, not knowing what I will encounter there, except that in town after town the Holy Spirit testifies to me that chains and afflictions are waiting for me. But I count my life of no value to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of God's grace.'" Acts 20:22-24

"Our inheritance is as sure as morning. Why are we so reluctant to leave this dingy world? Things really are better further on." Calvin Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment