Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Power In Your Corner

Good morning, Lord. I am eager to get my day started. It is next to my last day of orientation this week. I have 3 days left next week before I am on the floor. I am thankful to You for this opportunity and am eager to begin.
More...
I received an email from Debra yesterday regarding healing. Healing begins even when we are still in our weakness. Thank You, Lord, for her and for her words of comfort. I realize that healing has begun and I have in faith that You will bring about good from all of this. Thank You, Lord. Amen.

The following comes from The Gift the New Testament for New Believers:

Trusting God to help you overcome your sins and shortcomings sounds so spiritual, doesn't it? Turning everything over to God, letting God handle your problems, giving your burdens to the Lord...Can't argue with the wisdom there.
But when it's just you and your bad temper, or your runaway sex drive, or your weakness for cherry cheesecake, where do you find the strength to say no?
You might not guess it to look at you, but you have available to you--right now--the same kind of power that God "demonstrated...in the Messiah by raising Him from the dead" (Ephesians 1:20). And as you begin facing even your toughest challenges with the weapons of prayer, Bible truth, worship, thanksgiving, accountability, and other specific strategies that you'll begin gaining through experience, you'll see sin's deception for what it is, you'll turn your back on habits that have had your number for yeas, and your heart for instant gratification will be changed into a heart that knows where its power lies.

Since old habits don't go away overnight and may continue to be a nagging source of frustration and (at times) failure for many years, where does the victory start coming in? it comes from not underestimating the struggle of Christian living--or the power that God has put in you.

"This is why, since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I never stop giving thanks for you as I remember you in my prayers. (I pray) that the God f our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, would give you a spirit of wisdom and a revelation in the knowledge of Him. (I pray) that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened so you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the glorious riches o His inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power to us who believe, according to the working of His vast strength." Ephesians 1:15-19

Thank You, O Lord, and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment