Monday, February 16, 2009

I Needed That... God's Chastening

Last night, I watched TJ putting up messages on facebook... TJ Gill is waiting for a message from providence, giving up on providence, and getting a chill. I laughed. I thought it was amusing that he was trying to communicate with me in that manner.
More...
I awakened this morning with thoughts of TJ writing on facebook. TJ Gill is: expanding his views of God and then a later message being: TJ Gill is lonely. I ended up sending TJ a message and since he had asked where we go from here, I told him it was up to him. I wanted our marriage to work, but he wasn't interested, so it was his move.

The following is taken from The Gift the New Testament for New Believers:
Fathers are known for buying you ice cream and bubble gum, giving you rides on their shoulders, and teaching you how to tie a good square knot.
But fathers are also known for the belt, for the midnight questions about why you've been coming in so late, and for grounding you for a month to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Fathers who care are willing to watch you hurt, if temporary pain can save you from long-term disaster. Fathers who care are willing to watch you fall, if a sore spot on your pride can make you walk a little more carefully. Fathers who care are willing to interfere with your fun, if a word of warning can teach you that life's not a game.
And your Father cares--enough to let you face consequences of your sin, to let you feel the pain you've caused another person, to allow things in your life to overpower your inner reserves so that like a toddler in the deep end, you'll cry out for Daddy.
And learn that you can trust Him.

If you want to receive the blessings of God's continual presence, you'll also have to accept His right to offer correction and rebuke. It's for your own good. Honest. God will clip the wings on your freedom at times in order to help you learn what true freedom is.

"Until we accept the fact that your Father is willing to discipline us, we'll never be able to comprehend what He's doing in our lives." James Lucas

"Lord, happy is the man You discipline and teach from Your law to give him relief from troubled times until a pit is dug for the wicked. The Lord will not forsake His people or abandon His heritage, for justice will again be righteous, and all the upright in heart will follow it." Psalm 94:12-15

O Lord, help me to see what it is that You want me to do in my life. I try so hard to understand and I get so confused. I need Your help, Lord. I can't do this alone. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment