Thursday, February 19, 2009

Living On Purpose

Hello again, Lord. Yesterday and last night were really difficult. I broke down more than once. My heart and soul aches.
More...
I have several days now of feeling lost, alone, and abandoned. I received a phone call from my pastor, Debra. She talked with me some and I promised to return to church next weekend, not this one. This morning I felt better. I prayed before my Bible study and devotional time for You to guide me and reveal to me what it is that You want for me. Today's lesson was about Moses and God answering His people's prayers and groans to be released from their oppression. You, O Lord, will bring Your people from their misery. I thank You, Lord, that I am one of Your people.

Blessed are You, O Lord, for You have heard the voice of my prayers. You are my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in You and I am helped. My heart greatly rejoices, and I will give thanks to You in song.
Psalm 28:6-7

The following comes from The Gift the New Testament for New Believers:

Vision statements, core values, guiding principles. That's what you hear today's CEOs talking about in their board meetings and sales conferences--overarching themes that help workers evaluate their daily decisions in the light of well-thought-out criteria.
And it works--because when you can size up a situation based on something more than an immediate hunch, you can stay true to your goals and watch them take shape before your very eyes.
That's why every Christian needs to take the time to map out his personal priorities concerning faith, family, calling, careers and daily life. Prayerful priorities can help you manage your time more productively, weigh the costs of your promises and commitments, and thwart the world's attempts at keeping you trivially minded when God wants you dealing in much more important things.
Left to itself, your life will tend to deteriorate.But led by the Spirit, you can move through life on a mission--and stay on track all the way.

the issue is priorities--having a deliberate framework in place to help you make good decisions, avoid lazy distractions, and increase your inclination to obey. When you know who you are, and you where you're going, you can live for God like you mean it.

"Remind them of these things, charging them before God not to fight about words; this is in no way profitable and leads to the ruin of the hearers. Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who doesn't need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth. But avoid irreverent, empty speech, for this will produce an even grater measure of godlessness. 2 Timothy 2:14-16

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, is of infinite importance. The one thing it cannot be is moderately important." C.S. Lewis

"Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, having this inscription: The Lord knows those who are His, and Everyone who names the name of the Lord must turn away from unrighteousness." 2 Timothy 2:19


No comments:

Post a Comment