Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Only Believe--Miracles

Hello, Lord.
I slept better last night although I awakened at 4am with More...
TJ on my mind. I went to sleep praying and woke up praying. I am praying that You, Lord, restore my marriage, use it as a living testament that Your will is good, acceptable and perfect. A miracle... I believe.

Today's lesson is on miracles and I didn't look ahead although I have been tempted at times. I am learning to be patient. I know that is difficult to believe, especially if you know me.

The following is taken from The Gift the New Testament for New Believers:
You probably don't have any problem believing that miracles still occur in our day. You may even have enough faith to believe He'll perform one for you. The biggest problem we have with miracles is understanding why He does one for this person while overlooking another. It seems so random. So arbitrary. Not at all like the deliberate God of order and justice we've discovered Him to be.
But God does perform His miracles for a purpose--the same reason Christ performed them by the thousands while He ministered here on earth: "so that you may believe Jesus is the Messiah, and by believing you will have life in His name" (John 20:31)
Healing cancer, saving lives, restoring relationships, providing cash flow, opening eyes, locating children, connecting people, salvaging ruin--these are not God's grand finales.They are merely entry points God uses to get through to people's hearts, to capture the attention of another skeptic to lift the faith of another doubter, to turn the eyes of the lost to their only answer in life.

Unless God was just buttering us up with wishful thinking, we have a right to trust Him for anything. But He has more in mind for His miracles than answering our wish lists. He uses His wonder-working power to make bold statements about who He really is.

"The same thing happened in Iconium; they entered the Jewish synagogue and spoke in such a way that a great number of both Jews and Greeks believed. But the Jews who refused to believe stirred up and poisoned the minds of the Gentiles against the brothers. So they stayed there for some time and spoke boldly, in reliance on the Lord, who testified to the message of His grace by granting that signs and wonders be performed through them." Acts 14:1-3


Today Eddie emailed TJ to try to establish a connection. Eddie told me that all he would tell me was whether or not TJ responded. I told Eddie I wouldn't ask for more. I firmly believe that TJ needs a friend whom he can trust. Our marriage is worth saving, our love is worth fighting for. It is not me, but God who is giving me patience, perseverance, and hope. God is first and our marriage is second only to God. My self has always been one to give up, move on, and run from problems. I always wanted to hide from the truth. Satan's greatest victory is us not believing in his existence. Our temptations we must fight, which is difficult, but through Jesus Christ can be overcome. We only have to ask for His help and believe. I want to have fun with TJ and to learn how to work our problems out together with the help of God. I want TJ to realize that friends (good Christian friends) can be our accountability partners. Balance is only possible with God's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment