Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bread of Life

Hello, Lord. Yesterday I received an email from TJ, well actually Thursday night, I just didn't get it until yesterday. Today I emailed him back.
More...
It seems like no matter what I try to say to him, he manages to twist it around and make it sound like he is feeling sorry for himself. I get so frustrated at the "sorry for being me" thing that I just want to scream. I have tried to talk to him about how I don't want him to be sorry for being him, just that if he has a problem with how he deals with things then to ask You for help and change it. I decided to stop going to my church for awhile and see if that helps him have the break he says he wants. I can't be near him and not tell him how I feel. I called Robin, Judy, and Debra to let them know. Robin is upset and thinks I am making a mistake, that my not being there will only make it easier for him to not go. I don't know, Lord, it is in Your hands. I am trying to learn to turn to You and trust in You, with not just my words, but with my actions also. I hate that I sometimes struggle with my pride and impatience. I know You are looking out for me and You know what is best, I just hurt so much right now.

The following is taken from The Gift the New Testament for New Believers:
On a crisp November noonday, a gray-haired gentleman in a navy blue vinyl windbreaker stands at solemn attention--one hand over his heart, the other brushing away a noble tear--just like every year at the Veteran's Day parade. Yet a block away, a frazzled young business man darts his car through alleys and side roads, barking his disbelief at why they would block off a main downtown street like this in the middle of lunch hour.
The only reason customs and traditions wither into meaningless ritual is because we forget or don't understand what they represent.
When we eat the bread and drink from the cup of Communion, we're joining with millions of fellow believers across centuries and time zones, affirming our common faith and remembering the price of our salvation. We're renewing our commitment to holy living and piling up or forgiven sins at the base of the cross. And we're getting just a taste of the celebration that's in store when we gather around heaven's table at the "marriage feast of the Lamb" (Revelation 19:9).
Come and dine.
One of the most holy moments in the entire Christian experience is the observance of Communion or the Lord's Supper. Don't miss its deeper messages. Every time you receive the bread and the wine, you're a witness to life's most incredible mystery.
"Then He took a cup, and after giving thanks He said, 'Take this and share it among yourselves. For I tell you, from now on I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.' And He took bread, gave thanks, broke it, gave it to them, and said, 'This is My body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of Me.' In the same way He also took the cup after supper and said, 'This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.'" Luke 22:17-20

No comments:

Post a Comment